Saturday, March 22, 2008

Family...

I am really glad that CE put whatever little video editing skills I taught him into good use... =D





After watching CE's masterpiece, I am felt reassured that I was doing the right things all this while.

While most leaders in our Hall focused in building committees, I look in a different direction. In the initial stages (last academic year), the committee wasn't the most productive. Although I received some scrutiny from people who can't even run their own committees properly, I held on to my own belief; although many a times I admit that my faith wavered.

I belief that there is more then just getting the work done... lot more of other things. There is more then just short-term and superficial stuff which our Hall pays attention to. There is more then just using power and position to get others to work for you which our Hall leaders are particularly fond of.

Two weeks ago, I went to the JCRC President Rally and saw the number of people that turned up. The attendance for the second rally was equally bad. In a matter of 2 hours, EW can gather more people then a President Rally for something which is a lot more minor. Why the difference?

I feel that it is time for this Hall and its leaders to wake up. Every year there is talk about Hall Spirit and stuff, and but year after year things remained the same. And honestly I am disappointed because I believed in my leaders.... once.

My plan for EW was never to build a committee, but a community instead. That is one of the many secrets to EW's success. Capturing Memories and Creating Memories, that is the job is EW and that is what keeps the family going.

No comments: